– Key to Smart Products!
Since its implementation in 2017 SmartPro is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) with five million Euro within the program „FH-Impuls“. The program aims to sustainably expand regional transfer, establish a cooperation network and strengthen core research areas at the university.
Throughout Germany 10 projects are funded for initially four years. Presentations with detailed information can be found on the BMBF website.
The central aim of SmartPro is to establish a basis for future smart products: for e-mobility, mobile and autonomous systems. For this, SmartPro combines know-how in smart materials and intelligent technologies in four areas of application.
Federal Ministry of Education and Research on site
In 2018, the SmartPro innovation partnership also welcomed representatives of the funding agency, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research („BMBF“), and the project management organization VDI TZ („VDI Technologiezentrum“) at Aalen University.
Marcus Wittrin, policy advisor in Division 515: Research at Universities of Applied Sciences (BMBF, 3rd from left) as well as Dr. Siegfried Schubert and Dr. Michael Gleiche from VDI TZ (4th and 5th from left) gained a more detailed insight into the structures and subject focus as well as the challenges of the SmartPro innovation partnership in a round table on site.
Besides the rector of Aalen University, Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schneider (1st from left) and SmartPro spokesperson Prof. Dr. Dagmar Goll (in the middle), professors and employees involved in SmartPro as well as representatives of the SmartPro partners from industry and transfer institutions participated in the fruitful discussions.
The other nine BMBF-funded partnerships
- Hochschule Furtwangen: CoHMed: Connected Health in Medical Mountains
- Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart: i_city – Partnerschaft zur Stadtforschung
- Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt: SAFIR: Safety for all – Innovative Research Partnership on Global Vehicle and Road Safety Systems
- Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (HAW): HamburgX-Energy – Innovationszentrum für Windenergie, Systemintegration und Speicher
- Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaft und Kunst (HAWK) Hildesheim/Holzminden/Göttingen: PlaSIg – Plasma for Life
- Hochschule Mannheim: M²Aind – Multimodale Analytik und Intelligente Sensorik für die Gesundheitsindustrie
- Hochschule Bochum / Fachhochschule Dortmund / Westfälische Hochschule Gelsenkirchen: RuhrValley – Mobility and Energy for Metropolitan Change
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippesmart: FoodTechnologyOWL
- Hochschule Zittau/Görlitz: LaNDER3 – Lausitzer Naturfaser-Verbundwerkstoffe: Dezentrale Energie, Rohstoffe, Ressourcen, Recycling
The “FH-Impuls” framework: strong universities of applied sciences providing impulses for the region
Through the SmartPro partnership, Aalen University of Applied Sciences has positioned itself among the best universities of applied sciences in Germany. It is one of ten German universities of applied sciences awarded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) with five million Euro for initially four years within the program „FH-Impuls“. The main objectives of the program are the sustainable expansion of a regional transfer and cooperation network as well as the development of a distinct research profile.